As Communications Manager within the Sony AI Strategy and Partnerships team, you will work with key stakeholders within and outside the organization to develop key messages to promote Sony AI across all relevant media channels on a global scale.
We're looking for great communicators who can understand complex issues and has the ability explain them in person, in writing and in other media formats (videos, SNS posts, etc.) in both English and Japanese at a native level.
In this role you’ll work with the Sony AI management team, research scientists, engineers and external partners including PR and other creative agencies to craft messaging and promote Sony AI’s cutting-edge research and development activities in the areas of AI and Robotics to various stakeholders – internal and prospective employees, academic community, journalists, industry partners, etc.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5-7+ years of experience working in PR, media, branding or corporate communications
- Proven communicator with native level written and verbal communication skills in English and Japanese
Other Required Knowledge
- Experience working in the technology sector with an understanding of Artificial Intelligence.
- Track record of creative storytelling, crafting of corporate communication materials (press releases, Q&A documents, blogs), development and maintenance of corporate web sites and social media channels.
- Experience managing and working with creative agencies (e.g. PR and design agencies)
- Experience in proactive press outreach, and building relationships with journalists.
- Ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion.
- Ability to quickly learn complex research, technology, and business structures.
- Ability to work across teams, organizations, and cultures.
Related Job Roles
Full Time | Zurich
Strategy and Partnership Lead or Manager for Sony AI
Full Time | Tokyo