Reinforcement learning research intern for gastronomy
Reinforcement Learning, Robotics
Sony AI is seeking highly motivated, self-driven research interns with expertise in reinforcement learning and robotics to join and contribute to our robotic flagship project in gastronomy. During the internship, the successful candidate will work with our mentors closely to research, design, and deploy reinforcement learning solutions for our robotic systems, including but not limited to control, sensing, and planning aspects of the robotic systems. The vast scope of the Gastronomy project provides you with a lot of creative flexibility to explore things and learn.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct research in reinforcement learning within the domain of robotic for gastronomy.
- Help in research, design, and deploy reinforcement learning solutions to robotic systems.
- Write reports and give presentations for internal audiences.
- Pursuing PhD, Masters, or Bachelor's degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, or related areas.
- Hands-on experience with reinforcement learning on continuous domains
- Excellent programming skill, especially in Python
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Experience with real robot and real-time control
- Experience with reinforcement learning in robot simulation
- Experience with model predictive control
- Experience with vision-based reinforcement learning
- Familiarity with Robot Operating System (ROS)
The internship duration is at least 4 months onsite in our Tokyo office.
Related Job Roles
Research Intern for Game AI
Reinforcement Learning, Computer Vision
Internship | Tokyo or Remote
AI/RL Support Engineer
Robotics, System Software
Full Time | Tokyo
Lead Research Scientist/Project Lead Gastronomy Robotics Project
Machine Learning, Robotics
Full Time | Tokyo