- About the Position
Lead Research Scientist Machine Learning for Gastronomy
- General Information
Sony AI is seeking highly motivated, self-driven individuals with expertise in Machine Learning on structured and semi-structured data.
Weʼre currently looking for smart, enthusiastic people who want to join our team of world renowned researchers as we push the boundaries applying AI in support of human creativity.
In this role, the successful candidate will lead our groundbreaking Gastronomy flagship project.
Please see our Youtube channel for our latest Gastronomy interview series with some of the best chefs in the world:
- Roles and Responsibilities
● Lead research programs applying Machine Learning to Gastronomy, Health and other structured and semi-structure domains
● Supervise a team of research scientists and engineers
● Investigate new algorithms and approaches to solving AI problems in Gastronomy and Health
● Write code to support research, usually in python
● Write reports and give presentations for internal audiences
● Write papers for, and give presentations at academic conferences
● Work closely with a team of AI researchers and programmers in the US, Switzerland and Japan on ambitious AI projects
- Required Qualifications and Skills
● Passion for food!
● Background in Machine Learning (PhD in related area) and relevant work experience with a proven track record of developing working systems, academic publications, patents, and/or open source software
● 9 or more years of experience after degree
● Experience with graph neural networks, ranking systems, Machine Learning on graphs
● Knowledge of biological underpinnings of sensory (taste, smell), health and nutrition aspects of food is a plus
● Interest in working with latest artificial taste and smell sensors
● Experience in supervising agile teams
● A track record of implementing software in C++ and Python
● Experience with embedded software development is a plus
● Excellent oral and written English. German and/or Japanese language skills are a plus.
- Other Required Knowledge
● The ability to deliver on tight deadlines and adapt to evolving or changing requirements
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, and willingness in learning Japanese
- Working Location
- Barcelona, Spain